Eric: After the Elantra kicked up some dust on the dirt roads leaving Hill Farmstead, we drove the 45 minutes on horribly slow rural roads to The Alchemist Brewery, home of Heady Topper, maybe my favorite beer ever.
The first thing we noticed in the parking lot was the crazy (good) smell. To me it was a mix of beer and dog food, which is great because I love drinking beer and eating dog food.
Inside was much bigger than Hill Farmstead:
Other than being able to buy the beer (2 case minmum), they have free tastings from the tap. We’ve had Heady Topper many times before, sometimes as fresh as one week, and it is glorious. They can the beer on Wednesdays, so the beer we got to try was ONE day old, and you can taste it. One month old Heady Topper is amazing, one week old is even more amazing, and one day old straight from the tap is just a beer punch in the face, which is great, because I love drinking beer and getting punched in the face.
On the way out, we passed the owner/brewmaster.
Instead of asking him to gay marry me, I looked away in deference. Then we rubbed our beards together. As I walked away, he quietly nodded to me. He understood.
Later that night, we had more Heady Topper on draft at Prohibition Pig, but now I only have the 24 cans I brought back to NYC!
STAY TUNED for PART IV of the BBz VT trip!
- A Very BrewBoyz Road Trip – Part II: Hill Farmstead (wheresthebeerny.wordpress.com)
- A Very BrewBoyz Road Trip – Part I: The Itinerary (wheresthebeerny.wordpress.com)
- WEEKNIGHT DRINKING: Heady Topper by The Alchemist (shelteredgirlmeetsworld.com)
- Heady Topper – Dropping Bright – Dropping the Penny on Yours Truly (VT) (eastcoastwineries.blogspot.com)
- Andrew’s Birthday Beer Share (wheresthebeerny.wordpress.com)
- BBz Word of the Day: Imperial (wheresthebeerny.wordpress.com)
- Brew Review: The Alchemist, Heady Topper – One Bossy Can (thedogsofbeer.wordpress.com)
- The 20 Best Beer Towns In America (businessinsider.com)