Andrew: September 13 is our wedding anniversary. When I heard that Stone’s next Enjoy By batch would be 9/13/13, and that it would be distributed in New York, I knew I had to get this beer to enjoy on 9/13/13, our 4th anniversary. (You can find out about the next batch here.)
Enjoy By is one of my favorite Imperial IPAs. It’s got a ton of different hops that make it really complex. It’s super citrusy, piney, and it has a sort of garlicky, onion-y character, which is apparently imparted by the Summit hops.
My wife isn’t a beer fan, so she had some Veuve. She had a sip of the Enjoy By and said it smelled really good but tasted like medicine. Yeah, not a beer fan.
To go with the drinks, I made some grassfed New York Strip steaks (cooked perfectly medium rare thanks to Alton Brown 🙂 ), sauteed onions and mash. It was a great evening.
- Craft Beer Review: Stone Enjoy By 09.13.13 IPA (twinsandthen.wordpress.com)
- Review of Stone RuinTen IPA (beerapprentice.org)
- Stone ‘Enjoy By 9.13.13′ IPA Craft Beer Review (lefthandhorror.com)
- Coaster Critique: Stone 17th Anniversary Götterdämmerung (bangordailynews.com)
- Craft Beer Review: Stone 17th Anniversary Götterdämmerung IPA (twinsandthen.wordpress.com)
- Stone Brewing Company – Enjoy By 9.13.13 IPA (humuluslupulusmaximus.wordpress.com)
2 thoughts on “4th Anniversary Enjoy By 9/13/13”
happy anniversary you guys! our 5th is next week! If she is not a beer fan maybe she would like a Sour like Lindenman’s Cuve Rene or Sour in the Rye? Very champagne like IMO
This is what I’ve suggested she give a shot. I think she might try some sours soon we actually have a Sour in the Rye that I’ve been saving for a special occasion. I might start her on a less-sour beer though to see what she thinks. Maybe Crooked Stave St. Bretta Summer or Vielle. And thanks for the congrats! And congrats to you and your wife:)