Black Friday is coming up fast so here’s the info for Top Hop’s (94 Orchard St, New York, NY, 10002) annual Black Friday event!
SAVE THE DATE. It’s here! Once again, Top Hops is your NY home for the 2017 bottle release for Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout.
The All-Important Details!
– At 9 AM we will open doors and begin selling BCBS 2017 bottles.
– Customers waiting on the line outside of Top Hops will receive a numbered wristband based on their line position.
– You will receive a purchase form corresponding with your wristband number. We will collect these forms and when you make it into the store, your order will be ready for pick up.
– The following are strict limits on purchases per person:
NO LIMITS on BCBS 2017 and Barley wine. Limit of one bottle each of all other variants.
– Here is what we’re getting from Goose Island:
BCBS ’17 cases
BCBS Rare ’15 cases
Barley wine ’17 cases
– PRICING IS AS FOLLOWS:
BCBS 2017 Bottles $14.99
BCBS 2017 case $161.89
Barley Wine $16.49
Package (2 BCBS, 1 Rare, 1 Coffee, 1 Barley Wine) $147.95
– Top Hops will close once the line has cleared. We’ll re-open at NOON for regular bar service with a whole slew of BCBS on tap as part of a Goose Island Tap Takeover, including a vertical tasting flight (BCBS 13, 14, 15,16 and 17).
– Goose Island kegs coming in for the Takeover:
2017 BCBS Coffee
Q: Is the beer good to go this year?
A: Yes, Goose Island will be releasing Bourbon County Stout on Black Friday
Q: What are the variants?
A: The 2017 BCBS variants are Original, Coffee, Barleywine, and Northwoods.
Q: So, there isn’t a national Rye variant?
A: Due to Goose Island’s increased QA methods, they decided to focus on original this year. The barrels they intended for Rye this year weren’t ready for extraction when they tasted them, so those are continuing to age.
Q: Will someone be on hand to manage the line and make sure there is no cutting?
A: We like to think all of our customers can be civil and responsible, but we will have someone on hand to manage the crowd overnight.
Q: Can we drink outside while we wait for the doors to open?
A: Drinking on public property isn’t legal in New York. Please be mindful of the law and our neighbors.
Q: Will anything else be open in the neighborhood?
A: We’re in discussions with a few businesses on the block to staff up to support your early morning coffee and snack needs. We will also have some snacks and such available as in previous years.
Q: Will there be bathroom access for people in line?
A: We’ll do what we can, but due to staffing needs, don’t plan on it.
3 thoughts on “Black Friday at Top Hops!”
I’m coming from Brazil next Sunday and I want to buy! what time should I arrive to secure a Package (2 BCBS, 1 Rare, 1 Coffee, 1 Barley Wine)?
People will be lining up very early. If you look back at our previous posts about Black Friday at Top Hops, some very motivated people show up the night before and camp out. I can’t really be sure about the best time, but I hope you’re able to get what you’re looking for!
I think I’ll be in line at 5:00 a.m. I can not get there before this time … 😦 thanks, Andrew!